When it comes to interior design, white is the universal color everyone includes in their homes to some degree. Many homeowners yearn for the pristine appeal of an all- or mostly-white interior, and we at Ken Golen Design of Weston, FL, agree that it can be a phenomenal primary color for any space. Our team of expert interior designers is helping the homeowners of the Delray Beach area fall in love again with their homes through elegant designs and a fresh, modern take on their interior decor. We want to share with you ideas on how to use white for beautiful interior decorating.
Creative Ideas for White Interior Decorating
White is a bright and open color that gives any space a luxurious appearance while also opening up the space of your home. This is also why white is commonly used in smaller homes–to make the rooms feel larger and give homeowners some room to breathe. That said, how to go about designing your space is more complex than simply slapping some white paint on the walls and calling it a day. Here are some suggestions for how to get the most out of white in your home:
- Decide on a theme
- What is the style of your room? Is your goal something rustic? Is it something beachy? Is it something industrial? Picking your theme ahead of time will help you plan out the changes you’ll want to make to achieve that look and feel.
- Choose your shade of white
- There’s more than one kind of white to work with. You may have heard of different shades of white, such as ivory, cream, or eggshell. Each has a different undertone that can have different effects on the space of your home. Consider warmer tones for a cozier feel or go for cool tones for a crisp, airy vibe.
- Create a color palette for pops of color
- While white is a fantastic color to use in virtually any room with any style, if you use only white, you’ll end up draining the room of personality and creating something sterile. Keep your room alive with pops of color that match your theme. Consider following rules such as complementary colors as well, like blue and yellow, red and cyan, or green and magenta.
- Add complementary decorations
- Next, you’ll want to fill the space with decorative pieces to make the space more lively. Paintings, plants, and pictures are a few examples, but you’ll want to consider the theme and color scheme you’ve chosen. Generally speaking, a rug for hard floors is always a great choice and can match many different styles.
About Ken Golen Design
Here in the Delray Beach area, Ken Golen is a market-leading interior designer whose creative and inspirational vision has led many residential and retail projects throughout South Florida. His mission is to work with your taste as a client to create a coherent style that delivers on comfort, elegance, and distinction. As a company, we strive to deliver on this mission with each and every client, ensuring that you can receive an updated space that will reignite the passion you hold for your home or business.
Contact us in in Weston, FL
If you’re looking to reinvent a space in your home or business to an updated white interior, then we at Ken Golen Design can help. You can contact us for talented interior decorating services throughout Broward and Palm Beach county , so contact our Weston, FL, office today for more information.